The HCBA is the BEST way to make the local connections that matter most:
For your practice.
For your career.
For making a difference in your community.
Serving its membership since 1919, the Hennepin County Bar Association is Minnesota's largest district bar association. The HCBA is comprised of nearly 8,000 attorneys and legal professionals who live or work in Hennepin County.
Access the online membership application for the HCBA and MSBA >>
(HCBA members must also be members of the Minnesota State Bar Association.)
View/print PDF application to return by mail >>
Contact the HCBA Membership staff with any questions on becoming an
HCBA member or making the most of your membership.
Students attending any of the Minnesota Law Schools receive free membership in the Hennepin County Bar Association and Minnesota State Bar.
See the benefits of joining the HCBA as a law student >>
View law student membership application (A joint membership with MSBA) >>
Benefits of Membership
The Hennepin County Bar Association is your connection to:
- Local lawyers
- The 4th District bench
- New clients and contacts
- Practice management resources
- Community outreach and pro bono
HCBA members benefit from and provide support for:
- Free Committee- and Section-sponsored CLE seminars (More than 80 lunch hour programs per year). Plus, there’s no charge for HCBA Section membership.
- Mentoring and networking for every stage of your career.
- Social events to connect with colleagues from your area of practice, members of the bench, new lawyers, and others in the legal community.
- Membership clubs for your interests outside of the law.
- Practice development and training.
- Diversity and pipeline development initiatives for the profession and the local community.
- High standards of professionalism through awards and recognition, educational programs, and the 4th District Ethics Committee.
- Management and leadership experience through committee work and HCBA projects and initiatives.
- Lawyer Referral & Information Service: an affordable way to market your law practice and find new clients.
- Use of HCBA meeting rooms, and conference space (subject to availability).
- Promotion of access to justice for the people of Hennepin County through the Bar Foundation.
- Interaction with the Fourth District Court Bench through programs, social events, training, and advocacy efforts.
- Volunteer Lawyers Network: The pro bono arm of the HCBA, supported substantially by HCBA and HCBF funding, provides a wide range of opportunities for pro bono.
- Subscription to The Hennepin Lawyer magazine, featuring insightful articles on substantive legal issues and the practice of law, profiles of the bar and bench, and spotlights on members, events, and association activities.
- Leadership development, including the LINC program (Leaders Impacting the Nonprofit Community) and the Law Firm Leadership program.
- Legal education and outreach to the community, including an attorney speakers bureau, Ask-A-Lawyer opportunities, programs and resources for teens and teachers.
- Weekly e-news with updates and calendar for the HCBA and the local legal community.